Menopause symptom’s checklist
Menopause is the permanent cessation of menstruation resulting from the loss of ovarian follicular activity 1,2. Before the onset of menopause, women typically experience irregular periods that may take place for up 1 to 3 years 3. Menopause is a stage of life experienced in different ways 4 and it is important to better understand its impact 5.
Please take some time to complete the short questionnaire below to help find out if you have symptoms that may be associated with menopause. Please select the response to every statement that applies to you currently.
The service is based in Menopause: diagnosis and management. NICE guideline. Published: 12 November 2015. Last updated 5 December 2019. Available at: www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng23. Accessed on 10 August 2022
- International Menopause Society. Menopause terminology. Available at https://www.imsociety.org/education/menopause-terminology/. Accessed August 2022.
- World Health Organization Scientific Group. Research on the Menopause in the 1990s. Available at http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/41841/WHO_TRS_866.pdf?sequence=1. Accessed August 2022.
- Peacock K, Ketvertis KM. Menopause. [Updated 2022 Feb 2]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK507826/
- InformedHealth.org [Internet]. Cologne, Germany: Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care (IQWiG); 2006-. Wellbeing during menopause. [Updated 2020 Jul 2]. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK279310/
- Nappi RE, Kroll R, Siddiqui E, Stoykova B, Rea C, Gemmen E, Schultz NM. Global cross-sectional survey of women with vasomotor symptoms associated with menopause: prevalence and quality of life burden. Menopause. 2021 May 24;28(8):875-882. doi: 10.1097/GME.0000000000001793. PMID: 34033602; PMCID: PMC8746897.